Work Effectively in the Community Sector
Learn how to work effectibvely in a community work or service setting.
This course looks at the skills and knowledge required to work effectively in community work or service delivery with clients.
- All workers in the aged care sector, or those working with older people
By the end of this course, you'll be able to:
- Identify range of services in the community
- Work effectively in a community work or service setting
- Understand various types of community service operations
- Identify regional/remote service providers
- Understand health and human service activities with a diversity of occupations in a variety of areas
The community sector includes a broad and diverse range of services which are engaged in health and human service activities with a diversity of occupations in areas including aged care, primary care, mental health and disability. This course describes the skills and knowledge required to work effectively in community work or service delivery settings with clients, colleagues and others. It focuses on the aged care service delivery setting be it with a community, regional or remote service provider, a department of a large institution/organisation, a specialised service or a private provider.