Provide Support to People Living with Dementia – Disability Sector
This course is designed to help workers understand how to respond to changed behaviours in people with a disability living with dementia.
Grow your skills and enhance your care! Learn new techniques to respond to changed behaviours in people with a disability living with dementia.
- All workers in the aged care sector, or those working with older people
By the end of this course, you'll be able to:
- Identify support needs for people with dementia
- Prepare to provide support to those affected by dementia
- Use appropriate communication strategies
- Provide activities for maintenance of dignity, skills and health
- Understand strategies which minimise the impact of behaviours of concern
Many jobs in aged care require workers to have a broad overview of healthy functioning of the human body and practical aspects of disease management. This topic describes the skills and knowledge of anatomy and physiology required to recognise body systems and their components and to identify and refer to alterations associated with the functioning of the human body in the context of health care work, specifically in the disability sector. In this topic you will learn accepted health terminology to describe the normal structure, function and location of the major body systems.