Provide Support to Meet Personal Care Needs
Learn how to provide support to meet personal care needs of your clients
- Those who work in a residential, home care or community care environment with clients who require support to address their personal needs and whose specific support requirements have been assessed and documented in an individualised care support plan
By the end of this course, you'll be able to:
- Identify personal care needs
- Assist clients with care needs
- Identify human body systems and basic hygiene
- Interpret and action a personal care support plan
- Identify common aids utilised in the provision of personal care support
- Provide and support personal care needs
This topic explores the knowledge and skills aged care workers within their designated role need to support or assist a client with their personal care needs within the context of an individualised care/support plan.
As you progress through this topic you will develop a basic knowledge of human body systems and basic body hygiene; learn to interpret and action a personal care support plan, identify common equipment and aids utilised in provision of personal care support, report appropriately to supervisor and health professionals and apply your communication skills and work health and safety knowledge to fulfil your work role in a safe manner.