Provide Support for People Living with Dementia
This course is designed to help workers understand how to respond to changed behaviours in people living with dementia.
Grow your skills and enhance your care! Learn new techniques to respond to changed behaviours in people living with dementia.
- Workers in a residential or community context, including family homes
By the end of this course, you'll be able to:
- Prepare to provide support to those affected by dementia
- Use appropriate communication strategies
- Provide activities for maintenance of dignity, skills and health
- Implement strategies which minimise the impact of behaviours of concern
- Complete documentation and Implement self care strategies
We understand that right now, there is more pressure on aged care workers. We know that at least 50% of people in residential aged care are living with some form of dementia. You are probably caring for people who may feel confused, scared, and could have limited capacity to convey these concerns. More than ever, you need the best information and resources to support the wellbeing of people living with dementia or cognitive decline. Learn new techniques to respond to changed behaviours in people living with dementia.