Participate in The Implementation of Individualised Plans
A Behaviour Suppor Plan is not just for aged care workers and healthcare professionals, it can be uesd to support everyone!
- All workers in the aged care sector, or those working with older people
By the end of this course, you'll be able to:
- Identify individual care plans
- Identify aged care support needs
- List content for individual plan
- Provide support to address personal needs of individualised care plan
A Behaviour Support plan gives carers insight into an older person's behaviour and identifies strategies to encourage appropriate behaviours and a quality of life. A Behaviour Support Plan is not just for aged care workers and healthcare professionals, it can be used by families.
The aim of a Behaviour Support Plan is that, when the challenging behaviour occurs, everyone will consistently respond using the strategies agreed on. In that way triggers for behaviour are avoided or minimized and the person can be encouraged to identify triggers, advise when they occur, and use coping strategies.