You won’t find our manual handling course too hard to GRASP.
- Office workers
- Warehouse workers
By the end of this course, you'll be able to:
- Understand what manual handling is
- Learn about common workplace injuries
- Understand office ergonomics
- Learn how to identify and assess risk
- Identify the correct technique for a lift
Although some tasks and jobs will require more lifting than others, manual handling is a risk that everyone in the workforce will face. Everyone has to move a desk sometimes! It’s no coincidence that manual handling injuries also make up the majority of workplace injuries. This is also due in part to the fact that manual handling also incorporates ergonomics - the process of setting your desk up appropriately. This course will guide you through the basics of manual handling safety, including how to assess the risks of the lift, what techniques to use, and ideal office ergonomics.