Introduction to Protective Behaviours Principles
How can we keep kids safe? Let’s find out.
Aimed at helping all those who work with children, this module introduces learners to the concepts that underpin the Act for Kids Protective Behaviours.
- People who work with children.
- Child safe organisations.
By the end of this course, you'll be able to:
- Understand what protective behaviours are and why they are important.
- Follow the Act for Kids Protective Behaviours Framework.
- Use the four focus areas of child safety.
- Implement strategies for protecting children.
What are protective behaviours? How do they keep kids safe? Protective behaviours are life skills that teach children about their rights to safety, and how they can seek help from safe adults if their safety has been disrupted. They are important because they not only give a child their childhood back, but also aim to prevent their childhood from being taken in the first place. This module aims to teach learners how they can empower children to be safe through four focus areas: how they can feel safe, how they can make safe choices, how they can keep their bodies safe, and how to be safe around people.