How to Attract and Retain Greater Diversity
Optimising participation and performance by enabling people from all backgrounds to thrive
How to Attract and Retain Greater Diversity emphasises simple and practical ways to approach diversity and inclusion.
- This course is essential for managers across sport and industry who aim to create more inclusive environments that encourage people from all backgrounds to thrive.
By the end of this course, you'll be able to:
- Understand the business case for diversity and inclusion
- Examine cultural barriers that prevent diversity from flourishing
- Recognise and interrupt bias
- Create an inclusive environment
- Identify ripple effects that produce lasting change
- Lead with an adaptive and agile mindset
How to Attract and Retain Greater Diversity emphasises simple and practical ways to think about diversity and inclusion. Chelsea Roffey uses her narrative as the first and only woman to have officiated in an AFL Grand Final as a launching pad for exploring the barriers and opportunities to diversity as a driver of performance. A Winston Churchill fellow, author, journalist and Change Our Game Ambassador (Victorian Office for Women in Sport) she uses evidence-based research from interviews examining best practice to bridge the gap between theory and practice. This course examines:
- The relationship between diversity, inclusion and high performance
- The cultural and practical barriers that prevent diversity from flourishing
- How to identify simple actions and ripple effects for attracting and retaining greater diversity.