Deliver Care Services Using a Palliative Care Approach
Responding sensitively during end-of-life care.
- Aged care workers & Aged care service providers
- Older people
- Carers/families/friends of older people
By the end of this course, you'll be able to:
- Have a clearer understanding of palliative care
- Provide effective communication and emotional support
- Respond to signs of pain and discomfort
- Be aware of the impact of palliative care on carers and carer support services
What is a palliative approach? The Deliver Care Services Using a Palliative Care Approach explores what palliative care involves and what an aged care worker’s roles and responsibilities are during this process.
Delivered in 3 sections, each one details different aspects of the palliative care approach. Section 1 looks at the approach more in-depth and what it entails for an older person. Section 2 covers clear communication and why it is important. It also shows how aged care workers can be a source of emotional support for both older people and the people around them, such as their family and friends.
The final section shows what signs aged care workers should look for when supporting older people, including pain and discomfort—and how to respond.