Assist Clients with Medication
Learn about the knowledge and skills required by carers and care/support workers to assist older persons with mediation.
This course addresses the provision of physical assistance with medication, or supporting older persons with self medication.
- All workers in the aged care sector or those working with older people
By the end of this course, you'll be able to:
- Identify physical assistance requirements for assisting with medications
- Assist with medication
- Support older people with self medication
- Understand procedures that may involve distribution and administration of
- prescribed medication within residential care facility
This topic describes the skills and knowledge required by carers and care/support workers to assist older persons with medication. The topic addresses the provision of physical assistance with medication or supporting older persons with self medication in accordance with the care/support plan and in line with legal and organisational requirements. Assistance provided may involve distribution and administration of prescribed and over the counter medications within a residential care facility, or in a home or community setting.